Victory Field Committee Will Recommend Renovations to Field, Tennis Courts
Town Hall – A nine-person Ad Hoc committee will be making recommendations to the Town Council about renovations at Victory Field. Town Council President Mark Sideris made the announcement at the last September town council meeting, naming District C Town Councilor Vinnie Piccirilli the chair of the committee. Recreation Director Peter Centola are Watertown High School Athletic Director Mike Lahiff are among the other members, comprised of town officials, residents, and coaches. The Victory Field Committee will conduct public meetings about renovations to the track next to the football field and the tennis courts adjacent.
Sideris said the only stipulation is that the field in the center of the Victory Field track must remain natural grass.
Here is a list of who will be on the Victory Field Ad Hoc Committee:
- District C Town Councilor Vinnie Piccirilli, chair 0f the Victory Field Committee
- Councilor At-Large Tony Palomba, vice chair of the committee
- Director of Recreation Peter Centola
- Watertown High School Athletic Director Mike Lahiff
- Community Development & Planning Director Steve Magoon
- Watertown Youth Soccer President Mark Leonard
- Resident and abutter Elodia Thomas
- Resident Elliot Friedman
- Resident Ann Marie Korte
Check Out the Video!
Produced by Ashley Hardy, Videographer