Fallen Electrical Pole Sparks Two-Alarm Fire at Local Gym

Clarendon Street- It was a hotter than usual Tuesday afternoon for the residents of Clarendon Street in watertown. A massive fire emerged at the local gym CrossFit Arsenal when a live electrical pole was knocked down. The pole exploded into a roaring fire that burnt three cars and most of the building. No injuries have been reported.

The extreme weather conditions was another large obstacle for firefighters. The Watertown Fire Department had to call in extra firefighters to assist. In the 95-degree heat Firefighters rotated in shifts and were provided with plenty of water to hydrate.

CrossFit Arsenal will continue to have classes at a local park.


Check Out the Video!

Produced by Mark Aiello, Videographer
August 30, 2018

Back to Watertown Weekly News Page